Thursday 1 August 2013

Wanderlust diary: Taal Volcano, Philippines

Back from a gorgeous holiday in the Philippines. The food was good, the people were friendly and the views were jaw dropping. Especially on this lake-inside-volcano-inside-another-lake-inside another-volcano, called the Taal Volcano. I know most people would just head to Boracay or Palawan beaches when in Philippines, but I enjoy mountains and greenery more than beaches. I guess it's because I don’t like the sun (blame it on the melanin levels in my skin combined with the scorching summers I have grown up in). I don’t know how to have fun at the beach either – I am too scared of open water and seas.


Back to the holidays, and the volcano, I was quite amazed to see people living in near-permanent houses there, and some developers even building high-rise apartments - all on the ridge of the outer volcano. Taal volcano is an active volcano - the last eruption it saw was in the 1977. Beauty does dazzle you blind!

No comments:

Post a Comment